Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Details

Topping off the hot tub in the early spring, when nights might drop below freezing, involves charging the outdoor pipes with water, then choosing, or not, to play roulette with the gods of Springtime. If I play, I don't have to drain all the pipes again to insure against a frozen pipe (which means a broken pipe, which means crawling under the deck and spending a lot of time doing something generally unpleasant that would have been so easily preventable). If I don't play, I must drain the lines. If I play, I replace certainty with uncertainty, which means, if I wish to stay alert (and save the self-generated irritation that would easily come when I'm under the deck having dirt fall in my eyes as I repair that line, again), that I have to have a weather eye out for those cold nights. Pay now (drain the lines and be done with it) or Pay Always (until spring is really here) by staying awake no matter what. I didn't drain the lines.

1 comment:

  1. Whatever you do.... TRY to pray to the weather Gods that the nights it freezes.. you have chosen to drain the pipes.. as my hubby an I thoroghly enjoyed our hot tubbing under the stars, soft music, led lights we sunk in the tub for effect (! fun !) and again the next day with some amazing brid watching. Thanks for the tubbing experience.... SO cool! Kim and Mike (30th b-day Mike from Bellingham)

    ReplyDelete